I can’t even believe how many new things have come out since Eli was born SEVEN months ago. I already feel “out of the loop”. There are so many gadgets and gear that it’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you are setting up a registry for baby. Especially, because you haven’t met him/her yet! Here is my take on a baby registry, from a veteran mama to a new mama (or another veteran mama).
For the next few weeks I’m going to dive into why I love each product and decided to stay loyal to that brand. I’ll put a master list of my baby must haves at the bottom of this post if you want specific brands to reference. Stay tuned for the in depth “why I love” posts coming up!
A few things to keep in mind before you register:
1. Don’t stress. Your baby needs you, food, a carseat and diapers. Maybe a onesie or two, DON’T STRESS. There is sooo much joy in this part of motherhood. Whether it’s your first time or not, being up to your neck in baby products gets you PUMPED UP for your little ones arrival. Don’t make registering a chore, it should be fun!
2. All babies are different; even MY two are different. They will like different things so be flexible and open to trial and error. Shoot, maybe even register for a few different kinds of the same thing. You can always pass your extras on to another expectant mama!
3. Enjoy It! This is a huge part of coming into motherhood whether it be the first, second, or fifth time. These are products and brands that you’ll be “swearing by” for years to come and begging other new moms to “just try it!” I say that from experience 🙂
4. Go into a baby store and check everything out for yourself. Touch, feel, and enjoy being surrounded by all things baby. It’s going to be your new normal anyway! If you are really stuck on making a specific decision, be sure to look up reviews. Us moms are helpful like that!
5. ASK YO FRIENDS – Ask your other mom friends and family what are some things that they just had to have! Specific brands, a cool monitor, gadgets, etc. I guarantee you, if she had a baby, she has an opinion. This is the time to let them flood you with suggestions!
Now that we are nice and relaxed, lets move onto the fun stuff! These are things that are “tried and true” in the Conner House. Like I said, both kids were different so I have had to mix it up a bit in terms of brands/products. I’ll share what we used and throw in some other things that friends and family swear by!
Chicco Keyfit 30
Chicco Adapter for Baby Jogger
Baby Jogger City Mini GT
Baby Jogger City Mini Double (side by side)
Car mirror (for each car)
Car seat protector (for each car)
Car seat cover
SOAPS + MEDS
Tylenol + Motrin
Wellement’s Tooth Oil
Aveeno Calming Soap + Lotion
Aveeno Eczema Therapy
Honest Co. Shampoo + Conditioner + Bubbles
Cantu Kids Detangler
Blooming Flower Bath Tub
BOTTLES + PACIFIERS
Tomee Tippee Bottles
Dr. Browns’s Bottles
Boon Grass Drying Rack
Plates + Bowls + Spoons
Gerber Cloth Diapers (as burp cloths)
Space Saver High Chair
Inglesina Fast Table Chair
SLEEPING + NURSERY (Read More Here)
Fisher Price Rock N Play
Homedics Sound Machine
Summer Infant Baby Monitor Wide View 2.0
Muslin Swaddle Blankets
Merlin Magic Sleepsuit
Grace Pack N Play
Serta Crib Mattress
Serta Changing Pad
Amazon Fisher Price Crib
Circo Crib Sheets + Changing Pad Covers
Infantino Tummy Time Mat
Little Einsteins Jumper
Fisher Price Comfort Curve Bouncer
Fisher Price Swing
It’s a lot I know, and there are plenty of other “little things” I’ll go over in subsequent posts when I break down these sections. These are the specific brands, off the top of my head, that we loved with Cameron and were a God send with Eli. Cameron is two now, so she’s pretty content with diapers and clothes. But Eli is still weasling his way out of the baby stage *tear* All you veteran TODDLER mamas, send help!
See ya soon!