Oooooo, I am so excited about this project. I got the itch to move around some decor and it was going to involve some work. I was thinking and Pinterest-ing ideas about what to do with this pallet card holder that I have. I loved it during Christmas on the hutch in the dining room so I moved it back. I wanted something a little more neutral than a bunch of random photos! I found these awesome FREE HERB PRINTABLES from Ashley at Cherised Bliss. (Ummm, major score!) I printed them out onto regular printer paper and got to work. I’m going to show you how I went from drab to fab with this super easy DIY Antiqued Paper Tutorial. It takes 5 minutes and the outcome is so gorgeous!
1: Print your prints! They are sized to standard 8.5 x 11 paper!
2. Crumble your paper up and unfold/smooth out.
3. Brew a cup of coffee (I used caramel Starbucks K Cup because I am all about those smells!)
4. Lay out your prints on a towel and spill / splash / paint the coffee ALL over the paper. I mean SOAK it!
5. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees or so and lay 2 sheets, or as many as you can fit, on the baking pan. (I used a pizza pan). Put them in the oven!
6. It takes no more than 3 minutes to get crispy beautiful prints! Take them out and repeat. I splash a little more coffee on the finished prints and put them back in the oven to get a cool layered effect on the pages.
7. Burn baby burn! I had to wait for Tyler to get home because I would burn the house down if I was left unattended haha. *DO THIS NEAR A SINK OR WATER OR OUTSIDE* Burn the edges for just a few seconds and immediately blow out the “flames”.
8. Have them framed, pin them, whatever! You now have beautiful aged antique herb prints!
I am so excited to get some botanical prints and have them framed for our living room. I think this is such a classic home decor option and you can do it with literally anything! It took me maybe 15 minutes tops from start to finish. SO WORTH IT.
Be sure to tag me in your photos or send them to me so I can see how you did!